Monday, April 2, 2012

Upcoming Events

Why hello there friends, I didn't see you there; I was busy planning for some exciting upcoming events.

Where to begin?  Well, as detailed in an earlier post, there is the  exciting manner of my program's grad show.  An additional exhibition for the fine ladies of the Sheridan's Textile studio may also be in the works but that I can neither confirm or deny at this time.  Stay posted.  If it happens, I'm going to look into making ridiculawesome costumy headgear, like this badboy.



But onto more urgent engagements-




on Saturday April 28, from 10 am to 4 pm, Sheridan is holding its annual open house, complete with an alumni craft sale.  Several of the fantastic fibre artists linked to your right will be there in addition to your never humble narrator, so do drop by if you're in the area.  I'll be kicking into production mode about a week prior, so in addition to some yummy handspun yarns, I'm going to be offering some lovely felted jewellery and other accessories.  Requests are welcomed, but for the most part I'm going to focus on hairclips, earrings, bracelets and other smaller items.

I was thinking it might be fun to make toys for the little humans, like  hand and finger puppets as well as dolls, but that is dependant on time.  There are some interesting sales coming up in   Toronto this summer, so I'm going to try and be more active in the city as well as doing Hamilton's Art  crawl.

Okay that's about it for now-  lots of fun ideas, little time at present to explore them, but I should be able to manage a site update soonish.



1 comment:

Belly Ballot said...

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Gassed Mercerized Yarn