Monday, November 19, 2012

For Your Holiday Wish List: Part One

Hi again Friends In Fibre,

KayTor here and I thought I would share some products making their premier in the Etsy shop soonish.  I've been having a lot of fun with the development process  and I think these new designs really show it!




Here are some strawbs.  Part of my process involves making several models with small differences.  I still haven't found the perfect strawberry but am getting pretty close.  I like the "hats" on the top earrings best, but the color of the bottom strawbs is much rosier.


 Cherries!  This pair is a variation on the one posted in the shop.  People can't seem to get enough of hand-stitching lately so I thought I'd try out a design with hand stitched leaves and darker fruit. 


These next items are my favorites!  I've been having a total blast needle felting tiny foodstuffs, and thought at first to make earrings out of these teeny cuties.  But, the thing is,  I was pretty proud of them,  and since they get more attention chilling on a throat than they would dangling from earlobes, I decided to string them on 16'' necklaces. .

 This one is called "Garden Grown" and is inspired by one of my favorite ladies, Erin Awesome, of Erchin Clothing, who keeps an urban farm when she isn't making 100 Mile Monsters.


 I call this one "Brekky" and it is inspired by the greatest of meals, obvs. 



Do you like Citrus fruits?   I know I do!  Winter seemed like a good time to bring this out.  Those of us who pine for brighter seasons can carry a  tasty little bit sunshine close to our hearts.



 
 Finally, here's a cute little item on the low end of pricing that I thought up for those craft shows where you have a lot of people who like handmade stuff but don't want to pay more than a fistful of dollars for it.  These hairpin sets are made with felted sushi beads which can be made reasonably quickly and then sliced away over time to make a myriad of delightful accessories.  Btw, for those of you who like to felt and do crafts with the little people in your life, this process was kid tested and approved by my nine-year-old niece, who had as much making the sushi rolls of fleece as I did.


 And we're finished this installment!   FYI, there is actually a lot of stuff that needs to be posted in the shop still, and with the holidays looming , I really have no excuse to put the photography process off any longer, You can expect an update there sometime this week. and in the meantime, the more casual shots will be posted here!

Talk to you soon!


3 comments:

Suka Strife said...

Aaaah, Kaytor these are just too cute!! The earrings you gave me for my birthday are definitely a pair of my favourite earrings ever.

Kay Tor said...

Thanks Annie, It's great to hear you are enjoying them! And thanks for the kind words!

Belly Ballot said...

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Poly Cotton Yarn